Suitable candidates are invited to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 by Samancor Chrome.
Samancor Chrome is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, at its Western Chrome Mines and Eastern Chrome Mines for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to current and future students, for studies within the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mining Survey
By 30th November 2021, shortlisted candidates for the Samancor Chrome bursary will be contacted. Kindly note, if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Samancor Chrome Bursary Candidate Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- A strong academic record is required.
- The candidate must be studying currently or have been provisionally accepted at a recognised South African University.
- The candidate must be studying currently or have been provisionally accepted to study within one of the fields listed above (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or final year of study).
- Candidates must have completed Matric or must currently be in Matric.
The bursary covers:
- University tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Exam fees
- Book and pocket money,
How to Apply for Samancor Chrome Bursary
- Applications must be done online at Samancor Chrome Bursary Applications 2022
Or candidates can apply here for a specific bursary opportunity:
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Electrical Engineering
(Reference number: SCRBURSARS)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Geology
(Reference number: SCRGEOBURSAR)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Mechanical Engineering
(Reference number: SCRBURSAR)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Metallurgy Engineering
(Reference number: SCR/METBURSAR)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Mining Survey
(Reference number: SCRMININGSURV)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Mining Engineering
(Reference number: SCR/MINING.ENG)
Candidates are COMPULSORILY to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with their completed online application.
Kindly note: Your application may be disqualified if any items are missing.
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 10 results (certified copy)
- Grade 11 results (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of provisional university acceptance, if applicable
- Curriculum Vitae (must include the following details: Personal information, School or University contact details, Extracurricular Activities at School or University within the last 4 years, Special Achievements at School and/or University within the last 4 years)
- Motivational letter explaining why chose your field of study and career path (maximum 100 words)